When you love CBD oil, it can get pretty tricky to pick only one CBD product, so you have decided to get more than one product and try them all out. Now that you have received all of them at once, what should you try first? And soon enough, you start wondering…Can you mix or combine two CBD products or more?
CBD oil is safe to use and won’t get you high. However, there still are some rules to keep in mind, as the dosage. You also need to know everything about what types of CBD products are out there and the best possible combinations. So, let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
So first, let’s discover the different ways to take CBD!
Consuming CBD sublingually
CBD oil in itself is actually designed to be administered sublingually.
The drops of CBD oil should be placed under the tongue for 30 to 90 seconds before being swallowed, allowing the active compounds of Cannabidiol (CBD) to be absorbed through the oral mucosa. Same thing for CBD pastes except that you have to rub the paste against the gums.
Consuming CBD orally
CBD products like CBD capsules are ingested directly and end up in the digestive system. You can also have gummies or other types of food infused with CBD oil. The liver will metabolize CBD and send the active components into the blood system, enabling the activation of endocannabinoid receptors.
Consuming CBD through the skin
CBD balms and creams apply directly to the skin and act locally.
The endocannabinoid system also has receptors present in skin cells. The active components are absorbed in the surface of the skin without passing through the blood system.
Inhalation involves taking CBD from the air, and it is a method of administration that allows CBD to work very quickly. There are several ways to inhale CBD, some not without risks.
What are hemp oil-based products and how to combine them?
CBD oil is a mix of MCT oil and Cannabidiol (CBD). In general, CBD oils are one of the most potent products available on the market.
CBD capsules are ideal for people who find the taste of oil uncomfortable. The dosage is very easy, and each capsule contains a specific amount of CBD.
CBD chewing gum
If you like the convenience and want to use CBD while on the go, CBD chewing gum is a great way to take CBD.
The CBD cream or other topicals are intended for external use and can be applied directly to the skin.
Tips for Combining CBD Products
Combining different CBD products is a fantastic idea! It will enable you to keep the CBD levels up for the whole day.
1. Try micro-dosing CBD products
“Micro dosing” is usually used when we are talking about the other cannabinoid, THC. But, there is no harm in being a little innovative and apply the micro-dosing concept to the world of CBD oil products!
What does micro-dosing mean? It means using just a tiny bit of CBD oil and experimenting to see what your standard dose is. When you have this information, you can start having some fun and experimenting safely with different CBD products.
The idea is that you should take a small amount of CBD oil every day. If nothing happens, keep on increasing the dose until you start feeling mild effects. Just know that CBD effects don’t go too far. It will not make you feel high.
2. Vary and mix up Your Consumption Methods
Before you start to combine CBD products, you need to know what modes of administrations are the best for you. Here are a few guidelines to help you:
- By inhalation, the effects appear from the first minutes and tend to subside after an hour and a half.
- By ingestion, the effects appear after half an hour or even an hour and can last up to 6 hours.
- Unlike inhalation, ingesting CBD allows a precise dosage, a more durable and more prolonged effect. On the other hand, the first effects are declared more slowly than inhalation by airways.
- Note that the effects of the same concentration of CBD on the body depend on the intake method.
- When taking CBD orally, the liver will filter CBD and will only allow 20% of the active compounds to pass through. As when you take a 10 mg capsule of CBD, only 20% at best, or 2 mg, get into your bloodstream.
- The sublingual route allows better absorption than the oral way because the CBD is mixed with lipids and is direct, via the oral mucosa, in contact with the blood flow.
- The forms of liposomal CBD are much more bioavailable and considered to be 4 to 5 times more potent than taking a conventional oral CBD.
The goal expected from combining CBD products is to try new things! Of course, you can drink CBD tea three times a day, but wouldn’t it be more fun to have that tea in the morning and a CBD infused pizza for lunch? Life becomes much more interesting that way.
3. Mix consumption methods to reach your goal
We started this article with different ways of consumption because of an important reason. You have to keep in mind that different methods of consuming CBD oil work differently, give different effects, and last different amounts of time. So depending on what your goal is from using CBD, chose your consumption methods wisely.
If you want to have more prolonged effects, for example, try having food infused with the oil and having a CBD oil chewing gum after. It will enable you to feel the effects for the longest time possible as consuming orally gives the longer results.
Vaping will enable you to feel the effects quickly, but they wouldn’t last long. So if you need a faster response, try vaping and then consume orally to get a long-lasting effect.
How to correctly dose CBD oil when mixing CBD products?
Certain factors may cause an effective dose of CBD to differ:
- Genetic variability in the liver can affect the metabolism of CBD.
- Some symptoms require different dosages to produce results.
- Reduced gut health can mean that less CBD is absorbed into the blood.
- Other ingredients in the CBD product in question can improve or reduce absorption.
- Some people are much more sensitive to CBD than others.
Everything we just cited can make dosing a little bit of a pain for new CBD users. The simplest way to find the right dose for you is to start small and track your dosage and how you feel after each intake. Capsules, gummies, and edibles are easy to use because you can count them and know what dose they contain. However, it gets a lot trickier with oils or vaping and inhaling.
Make sure always to track your dosage and have fun enjoying the amazing benefits of CBD products!